Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve with Jools

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11833

• RachelPAtoSH
Steve has recorded a session for the Jools BBC Radio 2 show - transmission date not yet known to us.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11834

• RichW
Thanks Rachel, I look forward to that :)

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11835

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
RichW wrote:
There's a couple of references to Steve with Jools Holland on front page of this site, but I can't see any info anywhere. Can anyone help?

Monday 10th October at 23.00. www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07xxrjl
Yay! I'm taking the radio to bed. x
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11837

• cheri
Hopefully, it will be available to us in the States after the fact. I have a link to Jules' radio show. Will try Monday. :)

Cheri

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11838

• RichW
Thanks Stella :)

Steve with Jools 7 years 6 months ago #11839

• cheri
I was there, listening along with several others, and I loved it! It was a cool experience knowing that many of us were sharing the same moments together. :) The highlight for me was Steve singing, "She Belongs to Me," a Bob Dylan song that he performed brilliantly. It reminded me of the very first live concert by Steve that I attended in 2011 at the Indigo O2 where he included another Bob Dylan song, "Absolutely Sweet Marie," as part of his set list for that year's tour. What a treat! And today, the same feeling. Surprise and joy. :) Is there anyone here who knows how to extrapolate that song from the interview so we can listen again? What great song choices. And then, as usual, the time went quickly. 1/2 hour just didn't seem like enough. But when is it ever enough? We'd wear Steve out with all of our requests for songs, and who would want to do that??? The interview itself revealed things I have never heard before and, to me, it is comforting just to hear him talk. :) I'm so happy to have heard it live (thanks, Deborah Rollings for reminding us that the show was about to begin). Wish it could have been a full hour, but enjoyed the entire experience. Thanks, Steve :)

Cheri